Sunday, April 15, 2012

Don't Lose Heart

16 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. 17 For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, 18  as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (ESV)
Recently its been difficult for me to see past current circumstances to understand what God is doing. Being honest, I have experienced a very few difficult months, and it is tough even now to consider it "light momentary afflication." Part of me wants to scream out "HOW IS ANY OF THIS LIGHT?" It feels like the weight of a thousand elephants upon my shoulders. But taking a deep breath, I step away from myself and realize, in honesty, its nothing. Nothing compared to what it could be and nothing compared to what I've made it.

But this passage is beautiful, reminding me that this perceived huge weight will be replaced with an even bigger weight - not of trial but of GLORY. How beautiful is this promise God gives us. It will be beyond all comparison. I cannot see it, all I can see are the difficulties in front of me. Difficulties screaming at me "You can't make it. You are a failure. You won't last." But this promise, this truth of God reminds me of what is to come - to those who hope in Him. Glory. Eternal. These trials will pass. The pain felt from death of loved ones, from the words spat like poison, from whatever situation arises - it will not compare to the glory which is to be revealed. The eternal glory, on that beautiful day when there will be no more crying nor pain, and Jesus will wipe every tear from our eyes. So I press forward, and encourage you to press forward. Hope in God. Do not lose heart! We may feel as though we are being wasted away, but God renews us each day - every day is a new day. Continue in Him. You are loved, you are valued, and this too shall pass.

- Brummy

No comments:

Post a Comment