Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Do you know who you are?

And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying "Abba! Father!" - Galatians 4:6
Today what I want to say is this: Do you know who you are? If you claim Christ, do you realize who you are? You are a child of God! God, who created the universe, who knows every hair on your head, is your Father. And He is not just sitting up there pointing, He's not distant, unaccessible. We can cry to him: Abba! Daddy! Father! That is beautiful.

You may be scared. You may not know what it means to have a father. You may be hurting, fearful, bitter. You may not want God. But I'll tell you this, the God I know loves me, I follow Him not because I am controlled but because I realized nothing else filled me, because He created perfect and His word brings us back, restores us to whom He created us to be. And the fact is I still mess up. But God allows me to come to Him, crying "Daddy!" And that. That is beautiful.

- Brummy

No comments:

Post a Comment