Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Path


I walk a path of rugged stones,
heard the cries of broken bones,
the wind it roard around my head,
cross paths which led to death,

The turns and twists led me astray,
but constantly the hand that lay,
led me back towards the light,
kept me safe from the night,

signs that pointed to sucess,
passed me by with each breath,
signs of fame caught my eye,
but in pain I walked by

Signs which said "Find A Love"
Signs that said "She is the One"
None of these paths were right,
Yet all of these drew my sight,

"When?" I cried with such a voice,
"When can I just make a choice?"
But the choice led me astray,
all these signs took me away

The path was broken, buried deep
My way was broken as I weep
These futures I thought were in sight,
Just left me misery in my plight

"Come near," I heard a whisper say,
breaking through the light of day
"Come near and rest, your trek complete
When you find time to rest your feet."

"I led you past the roads that end,
with wounds that you could never mend,
The road before is tough climb,
But continue on and you will find

"The road is hope before you now,
I will lead and show you how,
Those paths that now lay on the edge,
Will never bring you back again.

"But, My Love, Follow me.
Even when it hurts.
Even when you do not find,
what you perceived better in those signs.

There is no fame. There is no success. There is not what you perceive best. There is not a job. There is not a family. There is not a comfort. There is not an ease. But when this road stops, there is no dead end.

There is me.
There is Joy.
There all trials are behind.
There all sorrows are laid aside, and all Joy is complete.
My Love. Follow Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment