Saturday, February 5, 2011

After You


This weekend I was blessed to partake in a youth weekend. It was a refreshing reminder and also a kick in the butt from God. I have lately been disheartened, at points stressed and seeming to lose focus. And yet, as I began to see that while nothing I could do (in fact, everything I tried to do) would make this weekend a failure, God used my weakness, the weakness of our class, and drew it together for an amazing 24 hours. While worrying it would flop because of only 17 students signing up, God drew those who were supposed to be there and there were around 70. It was a reminder that I am not to be in youth ministry because I want big numbers. If God wanted 17 there, I am to be a witness to those 17. If he wanted 70, I am to be a witness to those 70.

At times I don't know why God has chosen me. I am flawed, imperfect. Why would he love a being such as myself, who constantly loses track of him? And yet God has shown me how He is transforming me. How he has changed my attitude from one of MY youth group to GOD'S children whom he uses me to speak into.

My heart broke this weekend while playing in the worship band as I saw students crying out to our heavenly father. It broke for those who I could tell desired God but had nearly no opportunity to hear him. I rejoice in the new relationships made with some of these youth. I rejoice in hearing them talk of how God spoke to them this weekend, a weekend I was convinced would be an utter failure due to my personal bad attitude and often chaotic disunity. And yet, it is true. In our weakness, God's power is made perfect. 

I am blessed to see a generation rising who is in love with God. I had been disheartened to see peers who claim to seek after God, myself included, and fail to live it out. And yet, the leadership present this weekend was desperately in love with God. God was there. God spoke to these students. And I am so blessed to have been a part of it. I am so blessed to be able to be used, despite how often I fail to live like Christ. Fail to love like Christ. And yet God uses those weaknesses, and is constantly transforming me. Praise the Lord for what He has done. I was blessed to be a part of this weekend, blessed to serve alongside such amazing brothers and sisters in Christ. I pray we would continue to live for Christ, to seek Him, to long for Him. To Love Him and Him along.

- Brummy

No comments:

Post a Comment